Yesterday I was 20

Wii Fitness age of 20Although I've not been playing with my Wii a whole lot over the past month, only clocking up about 25 hours on Zelda, I have tried to do a Wii Sports fitness test daily. My score's hovered around the 27 mark, but yesterday I had a particularly good session and fooled my Wii into thinking I'm 20.

Back to 27 today, it was nice to be young again if only for a day!

As previously promised I'll post a full review of the Wii sometime soon, once the Public Sector Forums workshop (external link) (now sold out I'm very happy to say, should be a good day) is out of the way. Needless to say I'm still extremely impressed with it, and will miss it when I lend it to my nephew for a couple of weeks, once I've finished Zelda. What a nice uncle I am.

Comments

Wish I could say that I did that good. The first time I tried this, I got something like 50! The second time, 32. I've only tried it twice though, as I'm still hooked on the bowling and power shot challenge :)

Posted by: Marco at January 15, 2007 5:07 PM

Hmm. My record on the fitness thing is 26. However, the last seven times I've been tested I've consistently scored under my actual age (31), with a 30, a 29, four 28s, and the 26.

Have made it as a pro on three activities now (golf, tennis, bowling). Golf and Bowling I'm hovering just over the 1000 mark but on the tennis I've scored over 2100, which sends me past the champion and even off the top of the graph. And in real life I just can't do tennis...

Also about four hours into Zelda now.

Posted by: JackP at January 15, 2007 8:21 PM

Okay, just tried it again and got 23! I feel redeemed now :)

Posted by: Marco at January 16, 2007 7:04 AM

What's your real age, Dan?

Posted by: Mike Cherim at January 16, 2007 5:07 PM

@Mike: I'm 37.

@Marco: LOL, since the tasks are random it depends largely on how much bowling I get as to what my score is! I suck so badly at bowling.

@Jack: I'm pro tennis, golf and baseball. Rubbish at bowling, and only played boxing once. If only it supported online play we could punch each other remotely. :-)

Posted by: Dan at January 16, 2007 7:02 PM

If I tried that game I'd get close to a hundred if I even managed to finish.

The only exercise I get is going to the shop to buy bad food.

Congrats on being 20, again, Fodder. I'm the same age(ish) as you, 36 (chronologically). I'll be 37 later on in the year if I make it that far (I'll be ok provided no one forces me to play with a Wii).

Uh oh, just noticed this news item is not as new as I thought. Ho hum. Typical. I wonder did you get your Wii console back after lending it to your nephew? Thought not!

Should you, by chance, remember me and see my post, it'd be great to catch up with you and see what you're up to. Still (sometimes) gaming on the PC myself - I have yet to make the switch to console. Take care, all the best, Joe, Spook Tooth of Exiled Gamers.

Posted by: Spook Tooth at January 28, 2010 2:45 AM